Where and how NeuroPlay can be used?
Electroencephalogramm (EEG) — is a recording of electrical activity of brain. Different part of the brain specialize on different tasks, e.g. frontal cortex is responsible for cognitive and memory processes, parietal for sound processing. The more neurons currently work — the more electrical activity they create.
Despite the fact that the signal is blurred by brain’s covers and skull there are stable working patterns which could be used to judge on the current specific brain activity. E.g. the frontal cortex produces more signals within 14-30 Hz range while the brain’s owner is concentating on conginitive tasks. This particular brain rhythm is called the "beta-rhythm". In the occipital (rear) lobes which specialize on visual processing one can produce "alpha-rhythm" — a high amplitude brain rhythm in 8-14 Hz range. Specifically, while closing one’s eyes or relaxing.
The NeuroPlaydevices are encephalographers, that allow to acquire medical grade EEG through Bluetooth. The software calculates the following parameters of brain activity:
- Rhythms — percentage ratio of different rhythms (alpha, beta, gamma, delta, theta) on each channel
- "Meditation" and "concentration" — normalized meta-indexes (0-100%), that show how much the user is relaxed or mentally loaded at the moment
- Mental states — steady mental patterns that can be generated by users on their free will. This technique requires a bit of training. A begginer can produce 2-3 states after 30 minutes. For a more stable and robust experience one must continuously train (something like "brain-yoga").
What is NeuroPlay and why do you need it?
Analyze your relaxation and concentration metrics during the day. Learn how to transfer faster to a needed mental state.
We have created braincomputer.io — the special portal with neurogames and cognitive tests
Train yourself to be in the expected mental state only in everyday life or critical situations
What else about the brain?
Web portal with neurofeedback games and congitive tests, e.g.:
- Make flowers bloom by your mental commands
- Protect the planet from falling asteroids with your alpha rhythm
- Unmistakably determine that words blue, red or green are written with the same color
Training history is stored in your personal account
universal 6-channel EEG headset
8-channel headset with EEG cap
automated self‑neurocorrection trainings
Apps and downloads
Видео-урок по работе устройства и программного обеспечения
Разработчикам и нейрохакерам-энтузиастам
NeuroPlay support in Scratch
A component for Scratch, a well-known platform for teaching schoolchildren to program, has been created.